Can I resell or transfer my ticket?
Your race number is individual to you and cannot be resold or transferred. It must be clearly worn on the front of your shirt and the emergency information filled in.
How does the timing chip work?
Your timing chip is attached to your race number. Do not bend or fold the chip as without this we will be unable to track your time.
When do I receIve the timing chip and race number?
You will be issued this in the run up to the race. More info will be provided closer to the time with the runners pack.
Where will race results be published?
Race results will be published online at enjoycoventry.com/festivalofrunning/
Will there be a cloakroom and baggage storage?
Yes, there will be a bag drop located in Square One inside the Hub from 7:30am.
How will I know where to position myself for the start of the race?
There will be Timing Pens marked with expected finish times. It is important you join a pen to ensure you’re with runners of a similar pace.
Will there be water stations on the course?
We are encouraging runners to bring their own water. However, there will be 3 water stations on the course at approximately 2.5 miles, 6.5 miles and 11.5 miles with 330ml sealed bottles.
What facilities will the Race Village have?
First aid, refreshments, charities and the bag drop will be located in the Race Village.
How do I get to the Race Village?
Use our bespoke Travel Assistant app to plan your journey to the Race Village at University Square opposite Coventry Cathedral. Click on the cycle icon to see West Midlands Cycle Hire Docking Stations nearby at The Herbert, Starley Gardens or Pool Meadow Bus Station. Sign up for the West Midlands Cycle Hire App?and your first 30 minute ride is free.
What roads will be closed?
The following roads will be fully closed:
- Hales Street
- Fairfax Street/Priory Street
- Cox Street
- Whitefriars Street
- Gosford Street
- Jordan Well/Earl Street
- Little Park Street
- New Union Street
- Warwick Road between New Union Street & Greyfriars Road
- Greyfriars Road one way from Queen Victoria Road to Warwick Road
- Queen Victoria Road
- Corporation Street
- Engleton Road between Radford Road and Moseley Avenue
- Moseley Avenue between Holyhead Road & Lawrence Saunders Road
- Coundon Wedge Drive restricted access/egress only
- Birmingham Road between Coundon Wedge Drive & Butcher’s Lane
- Butcher’s Lane
- Butt Lane
- Washbrook Lane
- Bridle Brook Lane
- Wall Hill Road between Bridle Brook Lane and Hollyfast Lane
- Hollyfast Lane
- Long Lane
- Waste Lane
- Brownshill Green Road between Long Lane and Coundon Green
- Hollyfast Road
- Westhill Road
- Barker’s Butts Lane
- Palmer Lane
- Trinity Street
- New Buildings
- High Street
- Pepper Lane
The following roads will be partially closed:
- Radford Road Northbound carriageway between Ring Road and Engleton Rd
- Holyhead Road Eastbound carriageway from Coundon Wedge Drive to Moseley Avenue
- Tamworth Road* Northbound carriageway from Keresley Road to Hollyfast Lane
- Upper Well Street Southbound into city carriageway (Northbound out of city closed until 09:45)
Most road closures will start operating from 07:00 to allow the route to be set up and will re-open once runners have passed by and it is safe to do so. Roads will begin re-opening from 9:30 and will be fully reopened by 13:00. Once closures are in place, no vehicles will be permitted on to the race route (other than at crossing points) until closures are lifted.
What else do I need to know?
On the day there will be road closures and limited access to some parking so be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the start line. To keep up to date with the latest route and travel information follow @coventryhalf on social media. For any other info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.